Thursday, December 15, 2011

{treats for my sweets}

...so today I was able to do {TWO} of my favorite things...

{CREATE FOR MY SWEETS}

I love making things for my sweet, sweet pals. They have been such an inspiration to me as of late - and it gives me great pleasure to offer the smallest of gestures in return.   
{Thank you all.}

{MAKE MAIL ART}

 ...making mail art makes me SO happy.
 For this batch of mail art I used the top halves of medium sized brown paper bags.
{I cut off the bottoms of the bags and used them for the envelopes}
 ...all it took was a few vintage Christmas tags....
 ...sewing machine, thread & string...
 ...sweet paper doilies...
 ...a personalized note...
 ...candy cane striped wax paper...
 ...and brown kraft card stock cut into banner shapes for the address labels...
I have been fortunate enough in the past to receive {LOTS} of yummy mail art from these same pals.
There is nothing quite like opening your mailbox and finding a crinkled stitched up package...
...so {Merry Merry Christmas} to you all...

2 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Your mail art is darling, Rae! What a neat idea!

I am ready to start baking, it goes hand in hand with the season!

Happy Holidays!

XO,
Jane

Roben-Marie said...

I'm so glad I was one of the sweets! Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...