Saturday, December 17, 2011

{wild berry jam}

There is nothing like the sweet taste of homemade jam...

...{wild berry jam} is a homemade favorite of mine. Every year as I gather the goods to make this treat I remember my Granny canning in her kitchen. Everything from beans to jellies, preserves to sauces. It was a year long process for her. There was always something ready to be harvested and made ready for the cellar.


It is with her in mind that I recreate those moments in the kitchen and spread the feeling of homemade cheer.


To decorate the jars this year I collected these simple items found around the house:
{kitchen twine}
{brown coffee filters}
{muslin scraps}
{brown kraft cardstock tag}
 ...measure and cut a piece of {kitchen twine} and tie around the lid of your jar...

 ...punch a hole in your {tag} and feed twine through. Tie a bow.

 ...add a scrap of {muslin} and tie and trim ends...

 ...cut the scalloped top off of a {coffee filter} and twist into a flower...

 ...glue flower to center of tag and bow...

 I love the {vintage sweetness} of these jars.

 These make the best teacher and co-worker gifts!

 This year I had teachers asking about the {jam} - hoping I was making it again this year.
 A Christmas morning favorite of ours? {toasted english muffins with wild berry jam}

Merry Merry Christmas to you all!

I will be linking this up to Freckled Laundry - Air Your Laundry !

2 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Rae...your jars looks so pretty! I love the little flowers on them. You have inspired me to dress up my packages a bit more...love that! I bet the jam tastes wonderful!

XO,
Janie

Sandi Keene said...

Joe was drooling over my shoulder as I read this post to him. He is your biggest fan when it comes to your wildberry jam!! And of course the jars are GORGEOUS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...