Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Royal Ruffle Pillow

Just loving all the ruffles on this {royal} pillow! 
I snagged the cool graphics from The Graphics Fairy , added the 723 logo and printed it on a stiff white fabric that has been in my stash forever. Once it was printed I crumbled it up to give it that old worn feel and then quickly shabbied up the edges with some white paint. Once dry I sewed it onto the front burlap panel, edging it in another vintage trim from my stash. The extra ruffles and tie closures made it so pretty and regal. It took longer than usual for me, as I am not a seasoned machine sewer, but the end result was SIMPLY SWEET!
I'll be linking this up to Brag Monday , Get Your Craft On Tuesday, 
& Good Life Wednesday!
...check them out for more great DIY how-to's!











4 comments:

Catherine said...

Sweet happiness! I am stopping by from Jami's gorgeous blog and am an instant fan!

Hugs

Cath

Okio B Designs said...

Wow! That is one fantastic pillow! Love it! Coming over from Brag Monday and a happy new follower!

Jeanine

Breesmimi said...

So sweet! Love the way you combined the burlap with the white ruffles! How did you transfer the pattern to the white fabric? I'd really like to try that! Thanks for sharing.

www.raemissigman.com said...

Hey Suzy!
Thanks for the sweet note! I actually didn't use a transfer on this. I printed the graphic right onto the fabric! (adhere the fabric to a large shipping label & print!) Cool eh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...