Saturday, June 4, 2011

Super Sweet Nightstand Makeover

...this awesome thrift store find is transformed into a beautiful shabby, vintage nightstand.
When my friend Sandi asked me to do this piece for her I was a little nervous. I never know just how much "distressing" some people will like...but the more I worked on it, the more it came into it's own. The scroll work on the drawer and the turned feet are just perfect. Two coats of "cotton knit" paint , a super lot of sanding, then more sanding on top of that...lastly, a thick coat of natural wax and a good buffing. Simply Sweet. I am linking this to Metamorphosis Monday, so check out this and other great inspiration here:

BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS SHOW THE SIMPLE BUT BEAUTIFUL TRANSFORMATION!















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...