Wednesday, August 3, 2011

{friendship, art and deep belly laughs}

REAL friendship . A gift so rare that those in possession of such a thing cling to it with a fierceness likened to that of a Mother to her child.

I have been blessed with such friendships. A tiny gathering of hearts that uplift me. Support me. Love me. 

My time within this circle of companionship leaves me feeling restored, fulfilled, strengthened. I can be my whole self. Good and bad. I will not be judged, only comforted. I will not be chastened, only emboldened...

...and so it is an even rarer treat to get time to CREATE with these women.  Most recently, 72 hours of connected occasion. Stories, {some with tears}. Creations. Plans and promises. Laughter. Not just the proverbial "catching up", but a kinship. A bond strong enough to shun even sleep for fear of losing just one moment of time spent together...



...These are special, special  women. They listen. They cheer me. They listen some more. They steel me. They do not disregard my dreams for rambling wishes. They ignite a desire in me to grab the reins and move forward...not at a trot, but a full gallop. They are along for the ride. The long haul. When I look to my left, to my right, they are there. The wind whipping through their hair, as it is through mine...because we are charging ahead. Full steam. Together.



And at the end of the day? They make MORE TIME STILL.




We pass around the art, swaying with fatigue, and sing each others' praises.

Cohorts in creativity - they raise my spirits, elevate my heart and induce in me, soul reviving deep belly laughs. They COMPLETE ME.

{ you ALL know who you are...and i love each and every one of you.}

4 comments:

Sandi Keene said...

What she said! Only she said it so eloquently poetic. Love, love love...you!

PS May I PLEASE have a copy of that photo of the three of us cos it is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

left me speechless and...in tears. so beautiful. so very beautiful as are you!

bscmoore said...

Sweet soulmate...

Lorraine Bell said...

Every moment of that retreat sustains me! I love you fabulous women so much and even though a couple of soul sisters were missing, we were all together in spirit and in love. God gave us girlfriends to hold us up and remind us of AWESOME we are !!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...