Thursday, August 18, 2011

{I never thought I would love a rainbow this much}

Anyone who knows me will tell you this

{ I LOVE THE COLOR WHITE}

...and so it is rare that I find a real connection with things of vivid color. 
Don't get me wrong. I do love color. I love to dye wool and see all the shades that can be created. I love to see my garden abloom and the sky at sunset.

It is just difficult for me to mix a lot of color and love it. Was difficult.



Recently I was introduced to one of the most talented women I have had the occasion to meet. {ROBEN-MARIE}. She is so over the top creative and so inspiring.  I love everything that she does...and she does it with color. {LOTS OF COLOR} She mixes it, smears it, rubs it off and adds more. She swirls it, circles it, stencils it and blots it off. She is a {TRUE MASTER OF COLOR}


She has inspired me to get in touch with color again. Since meeting her I have dyed some of the most beautiful swirly colorful wool I have every dyed. I have made some of the most luscious mail art. I have dyed and painted and stained and stenciled and {ALL OF IT WITH COLOR}


Please go check out her blog and all her {AWESOME TUTORIALS AND VIDEOS}










{I just dyed this batch of muslin and monks cloth today... along with some yummy marbled wools...I even decided to keep the paper towels & stray strings from the clean up!}

It is all so random & beautiful.
{JUST LIKE ONE OF GOD'S RAINBOWS}



3 comments:

Sandi Keene said...

Colorful yumminess!!

BECKY said...

Looks lovely, Rae, and sound like fun! Show us some of your art, girl!
Have a delightful weekend!
Hugs,
Becky

bscmoore said...

You color my world sweet friend...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...